You may have noticed that the Plastic conduit catalog in AutoCAD MEP only goes up to 2". You can add sizes using the Catalog Editor.
- From the Manage tab, MEP Content panel, click Catalog editor (or, enter command: LAUNCHCATALOGEDITOR)
- In the catalog editor, open C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2012\enu\MEPContent\USI\Conduit\Conduit (US Imperial).apc (or wherever you happen to have the content installed)
- In the Catalog Editor, browse to Plastic > Glued > Conduit Plastic Glued (these represent the conduit ‘segments’) > Basic Table
- In the table on the right, add the rows for the missing sizes (D1 is for the actual diameter, ND1 is for the nominal diameter)
5. Now, do the same for the Bent Conduit and the Conduit Elbow (depending on which you use). LenA1 and R1 are detailed below.
6. When done, save the file in Catalog Editor, and close Catalog Editor.
7. In AutoCAD MEP, enter the command CATALOGREGEN
8. Select the conduit (O) option.
9. Modify your PVC/Plastic Routing Preference as detailed in this post.
Don't forget, the Routing Preference is stored in the drawing... so make sure after you restart AutoCAD MEP that you open that same drawing again to verify that you can now route the additional conduit sizes.
(adding these sizes has been logged as a request for a future release)